Saturday, February 21, 2009

Nagoya, here I come.. :D

Ok, I promised to tell you a little about my host family, so now it's time for me to keep that :-P

So, I was calling YFU yesterday, wondering what I should write in the visa application under 'host family'. The immediate answer made me pretty shocked; "but you already have a family". And then along came this whole conversation with the YFU Representative and me talking about why I didn't got the message in January (!), when it was supposed to come. Well, honestly, at that moment I was more exited about it, than ready to have a proper conversation, but never mind that.. Didn't hear much more than that, since the telephone connection was pretty bad at that moment. But she promised to send me a mail later with a little information about them.

So, when the information mail came, this is what I got to know: I'm living in Nagoya, a BIG city with amazingly 2,2 million citizen. That's pretty much if you look at Mosjøen's 10 000 citizen.
And when it comes to my family, I have a otoosaan (company employee), okaasan (housewife), a big brother (18), and two host sisters witch is 10 and 16 years old. I'm terribly happy about that! :D

< Nagoya is somewhere in that pink spot.

Moving on, my school's name is Nagoya City Nagoya Commercial High School (neat name, ne?). I think it would take a little more than 1 hour to travel to it (according google maps), so that's pretty sad. But, on the other hand, at least it have a brand new campus XD And it is a commercial school, which I think means that it's some kind of business school.

2 comments:

  1. :D YO~ Found your blog! :P It's Anita, by the way.

    Nagoya sounds like such a big city...o____o;; It'll probably be really fun to live in though! And the school does have a nifty name~

    You'll have fun for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aah, Anita :D
    yeah, almost a little too big.. But I read that it had this "small-village"ish- thing to it (Oh, I'm good to explain things xD), so hopefully I'll survive :)
    But thanks! I'm sure you're going to have loads of fun where you are going too!
    (even though you're only going for 6 weeks)

    ReplyDelete