Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Getting lost

Remember me saying Nagoya is extremely big?
Well, yesterday I learned something very important when it comes to living in such a big city; Don't go out cycling for three hours so that you get so lost that you have no idea which direction your home is in.
And, yeah, for those who don't already get it, that was exactly what happened to me yesterday. It was pretty scary. I mean, I had already been biking around without any idea where I was, but I had always somehow gotten back home again. It was first when I realized that I wouldn't find my home by myself, that I figured that asking for direction would be the best thing. Of course, I asked an old man, that probably didn't knew a word of English. But, wow, he sure was friendly! Seriously, he walked with me a really long way, and when I had to bike the way myself, he stood pointing and watching to make sure I went the right way.
After even more time, and asking an old lady to make sure I went the right way, I finally started to recognize the landscape. And, oh, what an amazing feeling that was. Biking around for three hours, with no idea where you are is slightly tiring..
And, uum, that's it. I found my way back home :-)

Btw, when it comes to pictures, I am going to publish some soon.. Just gotta put them into my mac first ^^.

5 comments:

  1. o_o That's rather scary about getting lost, but it's good that you found your way back!! :D And I can't wait to see those pictures~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where in nagoya are ya, im close to the nakajima station on the aonami line. Down by the docks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know about Midori-ku? If not, search it up, cause that's where I'm living :)
    Went to google maps.. guess it takes about one hour to travel from nakajima. Gotta meet sometime ^-^


    Oh, yeah, with soon (pictures).. I'm sorry, but I haven't taken the time to get the photos into my mac yet. And I have no idea when I'm going to do it either..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Artig å lese, Astri! Tror vi må hyre deg til å fortelle elevene våre om opplevelsene dine når du kommer tilbake. Jeg følger med på bloggen så lenge;)

    Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy, you got lost?! That had got to be so scary :3 Don't go around being so careless anymore! I'd really like to get you home alive, you know :) Japanese people is usually really friendly though, it's no surprise they where so helping :)

    Please update your blog a little more often in the future, gurl. I want to know how your stay is! :D Also, some information about your school could have been a good idea? I'm dying from curiousness over here! xD

    Oh, btw; check out my new blogging site when you got the time. I'm trying to be a sport and actually stick to this one XD

    It's good to see that your not dead yet.
    Lots of love from Norway and me.

    ~Lemmene

    ReplyDelete